Discover Morpheus plus
Morpheus plus is a custom-designed CDC treatment that focuses on the combination of Morpheus8 Radiofrequency Microneeding and Fractional Thulium laser to tone and rejuvenate your complexion.
How Does It Work?
- Fracfirming is a custom-designed CDC treatment that focuses on the combination of skin toning and fractional rejuvenation to freshen up your complexion. This dual treatment comprises of a Radiofrequency skin toning treatment, followed by a Fractional non-ablative laser.
- Radio-frequency needling creates volumetric heating within the skin tissues to promote collagen remodelling in order to firm the skin. This differs from regular needling, which depends on creating trauma to the dermis, because the radio-frequency is delivered only at the tip of the needle, making the treatment minimally invasive. The aim is not to pierce the skin, but rather to heat the dermal layer in focused points. The skin will appear firmer and more even-textured. Results are most noticeable after 2 weeks, but the skin will keep on improving for up to 3 months.
- A Non-ablative, Fractional laser rejuvenates the skin by replacing a percentage (up to 20% at a time) of the papillary dermis in focused beams. By heating the dermis in columns, we destroy the old, damaged collagen and elastin fibres and allowing the skin to produce fresh, new collagen fibres as part of our natural wound healing process. In addition to the new collagen, the laser also improves the free radical and actinic damage that has accumulated in our dermal layer, thus blending the skin’s complexion.
Am I An Ideal Candidate For Fracfirm?
The ideal indications for Fracfirming includes:
- Free radical damage: scattered pigmentation produced by the sun, stress, smoking, pollution, exercise and diet.
- Fine lines and moderate wrinkles.
- Mild to moderate sun damage.
- Areas in the lower half of the face showing a bit a laxity: this includes the fine wrinkling of the cheeks that shows up when smiling.
- A desire to rejuvenate and return the freshness, youthfulness and glow to the skin.
This treatment is not ideal for patients who have primarily vascular issues, such as flushing, Rosacea or severely broken capillaries. Intense pulsed light or pulsed dye vascular laser will serve these patients better.
Patients with sagging of the face, such as the jowls, should consider Ulthera to lift the lower half of the face. Fracfirming tightens the skin but does not lift the muscle layer.
What Can I Expect From The Procedure?
- Prior to the treatment, the skin will be anaesthetized with a topical Lidocaine gel for one hour, followed by the radio-frequency to tighten the skin. This procedure is completed with the Thulium laser.
- After the procedure, the skin will feel hot, much like sunburn, and be slightly swollen. To reduce the downtime of the redness, swelling and slight stinging, we place patients under a LED light for 20 minutes. This greatly reduces downtime, especially for patients who need to get back to their normal routine as soon as possible.
- After the LED light, the skin will be cooled down by either ice packs or an ice roller. The skin will still feel hot, but should not be stinging. We will apply a soothing, anti-inflammatory wound healing balm to the skin which you can keep on for the rest of the day and sleep with. This will be gently washed off the next morning with a gentle facial cleanser.
- Patients can expect to have mild swelling and redness for 2-3 days. The swelling will be most evident under the eyes and we recommend that patients sleep on an extra pillow the night of the procedure. The next day the skin will feel rough, much like sandpaper, and have a “bronze look”.
- On day 3 you will start flaking off in tiny dots. Please do not pick the skin while flaking! This flaking typically lasts 4-7 days. We supply patients with a non-irritating moisturiser for the first week which can be applied as often as needed.
To prevent any side effects after the procedure it is critical to stay out of direct sun as much as possible, especially while the skin is inflamed. A broad-spectrum sunscreen containing Zinc Oxide or Titanium Dioxide should be applied liberally over the treated area.
Prior To Your Procedure
Please inform us if you:
- Are taking blood thinners, Disprin, Ecotrin or Warfarin
- Have a bleeding disorder
- Had any procedures (medical or cosmetic) in the last month
- Suffer from cold sores/fever blisters.
In the week prior to your treatment, it is advisable to reduce or avoid the following due to the fact that it may increase bleeding time, thus accentuating a bruise – which we want to avoid.
- Omega fish oils and Vitamin E oil
- Pain killers
- Anti-inflammatories (Voltaren, Cataflam, Brufen, etc.)
- St Johns Wort
- Alcohol (mainly red wine and dark beer)
- Red / purple grape products (red wine, raisins, grape juice)
- Arnica, Guarana, Ginseng
- Dark chocolate
- Garlic and onion
After Your Procedure
- As previously mentioned, use a gentle cleanser and the mild moisturiser provided. Apply sunscreen liberally every day and sleep on an extra pillow to elevate your head to decrease swelling on the evening of your procedure.
- Avoid any active skin preparations, such as RetinA, retinol, glycolic or alpha hydroxy acids for at least one week following your treatment or until your skin is not sensitive or peeling.
- Preferably avoid any exercise on the day of the procedure and perhaps the day thereafter if your skin feels sensitive.
- Patients may apply make up the day after the procedure, should they wish to. The barrier function of the skin repairs itself within 24 hours.
- If small areas of broken skin occur, apply Bactroban or Fucidin antibiotic ointment and inform our offices immediately. Keep these areas moist and avoid sun exposure to speed up the healing process.
- Healing time varies from person to person. You should see improvement of your skin texture shortly after the treatment. Fine lines and wrinkles will improve over time but will require more treatments. The fibroblast producing collagen will continue to build new collagen over the next 3-6 months!