Discover Pulse Firm.
Pulse-firm is a high intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) treatment aimed at improving and tightening finely wrinkled or loose skin on the body, without the need for surgery.
Pulse-firm is non-invasive and has dramatically reduced treatment side effects by producing a powerful energy with a short pulse duration.
The energy is precisely adjusted to make the treatment safe, quick and without possible burn side effects and pain.
Where can I have Pulse-firm done?
- Popular treatment areas include the knees, stomach, chest, upper arms, inner arms and even thighs. If your skin is loose or has a “tissue paper” look, Pulse-firm can be a treatment option. A thorough consultation is done prior to your treatment to assess your treatment area.
What can I expect during a Pulse-firm treatment?
- The treatment area will be cleaned and mapped with a white pencil.An ultrasound gel is applied prior to the treatment for ease of movement with the handpiece. Once the treatment starts, you will feel a fluttering butterfly feeling under the skin as the handpiece scans the focused ultrasound heat spots. The sensation will be slightly more intense if you work close to a bone.After the treatment the skin is flushed with slight swelling. You may continue your skin care products as normal. You can expect your skin to feel tender to the touch for the next few days.Even though the skin will start to show results after your treatment, your skin tone and texture will continue to improve as natural cell regeneration improves over the next 6 months.
Please inform your therapist if:
- You are pregnant or trying to fall pregnant.
- You suffer from an auto-immune disease.
- You are diagnosed with Diabetes.
- You are taking blood-thinning medication, such as Ecotrin, Warfarin or aspirin, cortisone or tend to bruise very easily.
- You had any operations in the last 6 months.
- You had any other treatments done on the same treatment area in the last month.