Have you ever had a look at yourself in the mirror and with absolute appal discovered the signs of ageing on your neck? Ageing is inevitable, but suddenly, visible signs of wrinkles, sagging skin and thin texture are more prominent than before. Ever wondered about the hard work your neck performs day in and out to keep a heavy head up, twisting and turning, looking down and constantly moving in all directions? Most people feel the need to spend their money on expensive products and treatments for the face… but what about your neck? Shouldn’t you be taking extra care of your neck area?
At CDC, we believe in prejuvenation – in other words: prevention is better than cure. Rather start early and commit to keeping your neck-area preciously youthful.
There are several procedures we believe can make a difference.
Fractional Laser Resurfacing (Fraxel)
- If you want to slow down the ageing process, a treatment called a Fractional Laser Resurfacing can be considered. Fraxel was developed to meet expectations of effective results with minimal downtime.
- The technology is highly advanced and many safeguards have been built into the system
to make the treatment practically risk free.
- Heat energy is being used to replace a percentage of damaged tissue with healthy new elastic fibres and the skin appears more youthful after a week.
- One of the unique key indications of Fraxel is that it offers a solution for treatment areas that have been unable to be treated in the past, specifically fine wrinkling and dyschromia of the neck.
A treatment as such costs more or less around R7 000.
Another option would be a Mini-Fraxel treatment for the neck area with a maintenance cream to keep the skin firm, hydrated and moisturised.
- A good ingredient to consider would be pro-amino acids, which aid in the stimulation of pro-collagen.
- The Mini-Fraxel treatment is an affordable treatment repeated once every 3 months and is safe for all skin types.
- The difference between the Fraxel and the Mini-Fraxel lies in the percentage of damaged tissue that is being replaced by healthy collagen during the treatment.
Mini-Fraxel is limited to a 5% density treatment, where Fraxel treatments can range from 10% – 20% density.
Don’t let your neck give away your age! Give the Cape Town Cosmetic Dermatology Centre a call to start your rejuvenation journey or visit www.capederm.co.za